Gattinara lies in the hills in northwestern part of the Piedmont region. Gattinara wine is made primarily from Nebbiolo grapes. 90% of the grapes must be Nebbiolo and the other 10% can include Bonarda di Gattinara or Vespolina (although it cannot contain more than 4% vespolina).
Gattinara is aged for one year in oak. Gattinara Riserva is aged for two years in oak.
Gattinara is extremely tannic and high in acidity, more so than Barolo and Barbaresco, both of which are made from the Nebbiolo grape. This gives the wine exceptional longevity and can be aged for many years.
Prices subject to change without notice.
Gambero Rosso: 3 Bicchieri, 2 Bicchieri, 1 Bicchieri
3 Bicchieri (Glasses): Extraordinary Wine
2 Bicchieri (Glasses): Extremely Good Wine
1 Bicchieri (Glasses): Very Good Wine
WS: Wine Spectator, WA: Wine Advocate, WE: Wine Enthusiast
|Featured Wine||Vintage||Gambero Rosso||WS||WA||WE||Price|
|Antoniolo Gattinara Osso San Grato||2009||3 Bicchieri||$72.99|
|Antoniolo Gattinara San Francesco||2006||3+ Bicchieri||93||$54.99|